LibraryCat Lives Here

My friends know that I am a Taurus woman, 50's, brown/green (really a lovely Spanish olive green); lover of life, lover of laughs, lover of love; librarian; Spiritualist minister and healer who enjoys reading, writing, travel. Some of my interests: tarot, Spiritualism, ghost hunting, psychic development, goddess studies, past life regression, and alternative healing.

Name:
Location: New York

Monday, September 11, 2006

Police Blockade

I was out at Lily Dale over Labor Day weekend and I got shaken down in a couple of police blockades set up to catch Ralph Bucky Phillips. I have to tell you, I have never been so nervous in my life. I'd never seen a cop with a weapon drawn before...let alone one trained in my direction!

I left the Dale on Friday morning to go 8 miles up the road to Fredonia to do some shopping and I got stopped three times in police blockades. The first time, as I approached the blockade a trooper held his right hand up in a "STOP!" motion while making "come here" motions with the fingers of his left hand. ??? I was so confused! So I drove up slowly until I was next to him and then stopped and made a big do about reaching over S-L-O-W-L-Y to open my window. He told me to pop my trunk and when I did, he and another trooper (armed with a shotgun or rifle--I don't know what it was, I'm not a gun person) went back there and checked my trunk while a third trooper kept his rifle trained in my direction. I didn't so much as BLINK!

I was finally waved through the blockade and about two miles down the road, I had to go through an other...and two miles down the road from that, yet another! When I finally got to the store, I had to pop open my trunk to see what they were seeing because I don't use my trunk much...just cardboard boxes.

I called my friend Karen and told her that I had just gone through the road blocks because of Bucky and asked if she thought they'd have given me the reward if they found him in my trunk and she thought they'd more likely have arrested me as an accessory. (I am the eternal optimist!)

I'm glad they got him and no one else was shot or killed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Rampton said...

Exciting days near the Dale! Too exciting.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Tom Rampton said...

Exciting days at the Dale! More so than you wanted, probably.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Tom Rampton said...

Well, I guess you could have said, "Oh officer! I'm so glad you're here! I THINK the fiend you seek is hiding in my trunk. Get your guns ready and then I'll pop it for you..." Then if he's there, you'd get the reward! But if not, I suppose you'd have to fix all the bullet holes at your own expense.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home